A deeper cleaning for a healthier home.
Island Chem-Dry is one of the leading carpet cleaners in the Oak Harbor & Whidbey Island, Washington area. Our cleaning process is designed to give carpets a deeper, longer-lasting, healthier clean without the use of harsh chemicals or detergents. Using the natural cleaning properties of carbonation, Chem-Dry is able to lift the dirt from deep in your carpets to the surface where it can be whisked away, resulting in both a deeper clean and increased carpet life. Trust Island Chem-Dry to help you maintain a healthy home in Oak Harbor.
Using the patented Chem-Dry® equipment and solutions means that we clean deeper, but more gently. We remove smells and stain from deep within your carpets, not just the surface, so you know your carpet are really clean. We leave your carpets clean and fresh without soaking them with water and harsh chemicals. Most other cleaning methods force water down into your carpet fibers and padding, and through suction is used to remove the water, a large amount remains. This creates a breeding ground for mold, mildew and other bacteria that can be harmful to your home and family. When you choose Island Chem-Dry, your carpets dry in 1-2 hours, rather than the 1-2 days required by most carpet cleaning companies.
We have been using Island Chem-Dry for over 20 years now, and we’ve always been very happy with the outcome after they take care of our carpets. We believe that their processes are why we have not had to replace our carpets, and why we don’t intend to replace them any time soon. Great customer service all around!! Love these guys!!
— Terry H.
Drier. Cleaner. Healthier® Carpet Cleaning
- DRIER. Our process uses 80% less water than typical steam cleaning, so carpets dry within hours, not days. This means you and your family can get back to enjoying your home sooner.
- CLEANER. Our primary carpet cleaning solution is carbonated and, just like club soda, as it penetrates deep into your carpet’s fibers, it lifts the dirt from deep within your carpets so it can be whisked away with our powerful extraction equipment.
- HEALTHIER. We use a natural, green-certified cleaning solution that does not contain any harsh soaps or chemicals and is completely safe and non-toxic for your family and pets.
Our 10 Steps for Success:
1. Pre-Cleaning walk through. This allows me to locate any major issues such as damage to the fabric, urine contamination and excessive soiling and wear.
2. Perform an exact measurement of the areas to be cleaned. Only the open, cleanable areas are charged for. If we aren’t cleaning it, you aren’t paying for it.
3. Make recommendations based on our walkthrough about additional products and services that could benefit you, your home and your family. Present firm pricing for your specific needs, and get your approval before any work begins. There are no surprises at the end.
4. VACUUM ALL AREAS- many companies DO NOT pre-vacuum for you. It is ALWAYS part of my process.
5. Pre-Treat ALL spots, traffic areas and potential permanent stains with safe and non-toxic pre-treatment. Note: It is at this point that we would apply the Pet Urine Removal Treatment (P.U.R.T.) if you need that and purchased the product.
6. Pre-Condition ALL areas to be cleaned.
7. Agitate solution into fabric to help loosen and lift ground in soil, oils, food etc. for easier removal.
8. Clean with Chem Dry’s patented powerhead and Hot Carbonating Cleaning solution The Natural. Extract thoroughly to achieve 1-2 hour dry times.
9. Wipe down baseboards and thresholds. Perform post cleaning spot and stain removal as necessary.
10. Groom all areas with a brush or carpet rake. This lifts and sets the pile and leaves the all important lasting impression.
Additional Steps As Needed:
From time to time there are rooms, stairs, upholstery etc. that are so dirty, or have a lot of contamination or an overabundance of spots and stains that take significantly more time and solution to achieve great results is needed. If there are extra charges for these situations you will have been made aware before the job started (no surprises). If these measures are taken I offset what would be longer drying times in these areas by using an absorbent scrub pad and fans.